In this guide, we show you the steps to follow to record the screen on iPhone.
Screen sharing on cell phones is a practical and efficient way to guide others, sometimes you will only use this tool to share your Candy Crush progress with your friends. Here are the steps to follow to record the screen on iPhone phones.
How to record an iPhone screen
These instructions are valid for iOS 14 or later. If you have an older version of iOS, you will need to update it. In addition to keeping up to date, new updates usually fix any old bugs or issues you may have.
Add screen recording to your dashboard:
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Select Control Center.
- Scroll down to the More Controls section.
- Press the green + sign next to the Screen Recording option. You have now added screen recording to the basic options of the control panel.
Start a recording:
- To access the quick menu on your dashboard, swipe down from the right side of the screen.
- The Control Center will now open.
- Press and hold the gray circle that looks like a record button.
- Then you will press the button to turn on the microphone at the bottom center of the screen.
- NOTE: If you don’t do this, your video will have no audio.
- Tap the record button again and you will get a three second countdown to when the video will start.
- When you have finished recording, you have two options to stop your recording.
- You can touch the red highlighted timestamp in the upper left corner of your screen and select it.
- A pop-up window will appear asking if you want to stop screen recording, choose stop.
Your second option is to open the Control Center again and tap the red record button. This will stop your video. Now you can go to Photos app, select your screen recording and share it.
Whatever the reason you need to record your iPhone screen, these step-by-step instructions will make the process seamless and easy.